2 cups cooked black beans
( We use
Frontier Natural Beans, Black Flakes)
3 large eggs
3 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2/3 cup soaked pitted dates, finely chopped (about 12-14)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 tbsp (3 oz) dark chocolate chips
Optional: 6 tbsp (3 oz) chopped walnuts
1. Soak dates for 1-2 hours until soft, but not mushy, drain and
chop finely. If you cannot find dates, substitute 2/3 cup
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Rinse and drain well the black beans, unless you're using the
bean flakes. Boil water and rehydrate.
4. Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips in blender and
5. Stir in chocolate chips
6. Pour batter into rectangular loaf pan that has been greased with
a mixture of coconut oil and a small portion of liquid lecithin.
7. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, do not overcook
8. Brownies are ready when a toothpick inserted into the middle
comes out clean.
9. Cool and then cut into squares.
If you like nutty brownies, then chop up some
walnuts and add those.
This recipe tastes better if you let them
here to email this page to a friend.
Who We Are | Links
Help Us To Help Others
Find A Practitioner
Copyright 2012 Minnesota
Wellness Publications, Inc.
For non commercial use: You may copy, print, reprint,
and/or transfer this entire article, if and only if it
is unmodified and in its complete state with this
copyright notice attached and all the links work
properly. All others must contact us in writing.
David's PhotoArt - Fine Art Supporting The International